RaceTrac’s Response to COVID-19
RaceTrac’s Response to COVID-19
At RaceTrac, we are committed to taking care of our guests and being a safe and reliable place to shop, even in times of uncertainty. We are here for you with Whatever you need, whenever you need it.
For more details on how we are supporting our store team members, essential workers, and guests during this time, click here. For information on how we are keeping our stores safe for you and our team members, click here.
We are diligently working to ensure our locations remain a safe place for you to rely on. Our more than 550 locations follow stringent hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Handwashing at our stores is conducted regularly using hot water and soap.
- We regularly and routinely sanitize all foodservice and guest contact points.
We are taking extra precautions and have enhanced cleaning measures at all of our stores.
- We have increased sanitization on high-touchpoints, such as doors, pin pads and countertops.
- Our fuel pump handles and pin pads are sanitized at multiple points throughout the day.
- Stores will be closed daily for routine cleaning and sanitizing from 2-3 a.m.
- Guests may pay at the pump for fuel during this time, but inside transactions will not be available.
- We are implementing a fresh cup policy for all coffee and fountain beverage refills. If you would like to use your own cup, please use a new cup at our stations then transfer your beverage into your cup. You will be charged for the refill price.
- We are working closely with the Department of Agriculture and are taking extra precautions to ensure all of our in-store offerings are safe for our guests.
We are offering an alternate way to shop with us. Guests can call our stores to place and order and pay for fuel and pick up in-store items at the side night pay box during this time. Store phone numbers can be located at https://www.racetrac.com/locations.
RaceTrac is also equipped with mobile pay at the cash register and at the pumps for a contactless payment experience.
- We are temporarily increasing pay for our store team members.
- Hourly RaceTrac store employees will receive an extra $3 per hour for all hours worked in the store.
- RaceTrac store general managers will receive an extra $150 per week for weeks worked in the store.
- We are implementing a temporary COVID-19 leave policy.
- Employees who test positive are eligible for COVID-19 leave, and any employee required to quarantine by a government agency, a physician, or RaceTrac due to the COVID-19 outbreak will also be paid for the mandated quarantine up to a maximum of two weeks of pay.
- RaceTrac will not terminate employment if any employee is unable to work or is uncomfortable going to work between now and April 30, 2020.
- We are closely monitoring the health and wellbeing of our employees. Any team member exhibiting coronavirus symptoms will be instructed to stay home and encouraged to seek medical attention.
- If one of our team members receives a presumptive positive test result for coronavirus (COVID-19), the store location will be temporarily closed, and the inside and outside will be professionally disinfected. All team members who have had contact with this individual will been asked to self-quarantine and monitor their health for coronavirus symptoms.
RaceTrac stores are essential to the communities we serve. The Department of Homeland Security has declared fuel retail centers, among others, as a part of the critical infrastructure workforce, and we take that role seriously. We provide the resources that keeps our guests fueled, and often serve as a neighborhood food establishment. We are humbly committed to continue serving our communities when they need us most.
To keep our stores safe for our guests, stores will be closed daily from 2-3 a.m. for routine cleaning and sanitizing.
If you are not sick, the Centers for Disease Control does not recommend wearing a facemask to protect yourself from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. We are also very mindful of the nationwide shortage of supply with masks needed for the country’s healthcare workers. Any of our employees that are sick are required to stay away from work. However, our team members with weakened immune systems or those caring for others outside of work that may have weakened immune systems may wear masks if that makes the team member the most comfortable.
RaceTrac store team members are able to wear gloves at any point while working in our stores, depending on their comfort level. However, according to the Centers for Disease Control, frequent and thorough handwashing is the best preventative measure to combat the spread of coronavirus, which our store teams are doing frequently.
To express our gratitude to those on the front lines of the coronavirus outbreak, all essential workers such as first responders and hospital workers (uniform/valid ID required) receive a free small coffee or small fountain drink from March 25 to April 7 (limit one per day).
Yes, according to the Centers for Disease Control, the coronavirus is not a foodborne illness. RaceTrac holds itself to the highest food safety standards. However, we are taking extra precautions in response to the coronavirus for the safety of our guests and team members.
Please be courteous of your fellow patrons and wash your hands before helping yourself to our prepared foods.
It is important for each of us to take our health and the safety of others seriously. Everyday preventative actions, like frequent handwashing, coughing or sneezing into your elbow, and staying at home when ill, can help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like the coronavirus.