QUALITY FUEL. EVERY TIME.
Fuel questions? We’ve got you.
Our guest engagement team is happy to answer any questions you may have at
888-636-5589 or at CONTACT US
Please refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the recommended fuel that’s best for your vehicle make and model. Flex Fuel should only be used in vehicles that require it.
Ethanol is renewable fuel made from corn and other plant materials. Ethanol is found in more than 98% of gasoline in the US.
Flex fuel (also known as E85)is a high-level ethanol blend that contains between 51% - 83% of ethanol and is used only in all flexible fuel vehicles.
Unleaded 88 is a blend of 84 octane gasoline and ethanol. The difference is Unleaded 87 has 10% ethanol and Unleaded 88 has 15% ethanol. The 5% increase in ethanol increases the octane rating to 88. Unleaded 88 has been approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in all 2001 and newer cars, trucks and SUVs.
Octane measures how much heat and pressure fuel can withstand. In conjunction with a properly designed engine, vehicles with engines designed for high octane fuel can experience increased performance and efficiency while decreasing emissions.
Please refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the recommended fuel that’s best for your vehicle make and model.
RaceTrac is proud to offer the following fuel products:
- Unleaded 87, 89, and 93: We offer regular, midgrade and premium fuel at all locations. These can be identified at the pump as 87 (regular), 89 (midgrade) and 93 (premium). The number represents the amount of octane found in the fuel.
- Unleaded 88 (also known as E15) is gasoline which includes up to 15% ethanol. The additional ethanol increases the octane while reducing the price at the pump. Unleaded 88 has been approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use in all 2001 and newer cars, trucks and SUVs.
- Non-Ethanol Gasoline (also known as E0) is available at select RaceTrac locations. E0 gasoline does not contain any added ethanol and is frequently used in boats, lawn mowers, motorcycles, hot rods, farm equipment, etc.
- Diesel is another popular fuel choice and can be found at all RaceTrac locations. Diesel fuel is used in vehicles that have compressing ignition engines. You can easily identify diesel fuel at RaceTrac standard fuel pumps by the green nozzle handle. They are black nozzle handles on High Flow Diesel pumps. Diesel fuel should ONLY be used in engines that are rated for diesel fuel.
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is available at select RaceTrac locations including our Travel Centers. DEF is a solution injected into the exhaust stream of diesel vehicles for emissions to meet federal guidelines. DEF is a requirement for medium and heavy-duty vehicles with diesel engines produced after 2010.
- Alternative Fuel
- E85 (also known as flex-fuel) is gasoline made of 51%-83% ethanol, and it is the highest percentage of ethanol fuel that RaceTrac offers. E85 is used in all flex-fuel vehicles only.
We suggest that you sign up for our RaceTrac Rewards Membership to save on fuel as well as food and beverages inside RaceTrac stores. Download the RaceTrac Rewards mobile app or visit RaceTrac.com/Rewards to learn more and sign up.
Our goal at RaceTrac is to work every day to provide you quality fuel at a competitive price.
To learn more about the factors that go into how fuel is priced at convenience stores, visit the National Association of Convenience Stores online resources at https://www.convenience.org/Topics/Fuels/The-Price-Per-Gallon.
You can open your RaceTrac Rewards app to find RaceTrac locations near you. Or you can also go to https://www.racetrac.com/locations to find store locations.
If you think your vehicle has a problem caused by our fuel, you will need to have your vehicle serviced by a professional technician qualified to identify and fix fuel-related problems. To begin the fuel claim process, please contact our Guest Engagement Team at email@example.com or call 1-888-636-5589. If it is proven to be a RaceTrac fuel related issue, we will make it right and reimburse you for the repair.
You can apply for a RaceTrac fleet card here: https://www.racetracfleetcard.com/
RaceTrac Rewards allows you to earn points in-store and at the pump with each purchase. Points can be redeemed for free food, drinks and even fuel! Download the RaceTrac Rewards mobile app or visit RaceTrac.com/Rewards to learn more and sign up.
You can sign up or upgrade your existing RaceTrac Rewards membership to include the RaceTrac Debit card in the rewards mobile app or visit RaceTrac.com/Rewards.
You can sign up or upgrade your existing RaceTrac Rewards membership to a VIP membership in the rewards mobile app or visit RaceTrac.com/Rewards.
Most RaceTrac stores are open 24/7 to serve you and provide Whatever Gets You Going, no matter the time of day.