Looking for an exciting way to spend your summer in Atlanta? Look no further than RaceTrac for an awesome paid summer internship. Offered in departments including Real Estate, Construction, Engineering, Finance, Business Intelligence and Analysis, Marketing, Accounting, Human Resources, and Category Management, you’ll spend ten weeks getting paid to help move the needle for our business.
Here’s why an internship with us is different than any other place:
- The only coffee you’ll be asked to brew is when you train in our stores. Every RaceTrac employee goes through “store training” where they learn alongside store associates and managers how we operate on a day-to-day basis. You’ll not only make coffee, you’ll make quesadillas, grill hot dogs, learn how to stock our coolers, run the registers, and report back to the main office about the previous day’s business.
- You’re going to learn as much about other parts of the company as you will about your home department. 80% of your time is spent working on projects specific to the department you are assigned to. You can use this time to dig in and learn all about a field you’re interested in for a career. The other 20% of your time is spent on what we call “Strategic Review” where you’ll gather in a group of interns to solve a business problem that touches many facets of our company. Your group will propose a solution to this problem in front of our senior executives. Teamwork is critical –there’s a big prize in it for the winners!
- You’ll have your very own cruise director! Well…maybe not exactly a cruise director, but there are plenty of organized social activities planned for the interns so you can get to know your peers outside of the traditional work environment.
- We pay! And we pay well. As more and more companies look to the academic equivalent of indentured servitude to fill their intern ranks, RaceTrac’s program has been and remains a PAID internship program. Now you can afford to not have 15 people in one room on spring break!
If you can’t already tell, this is a huge opportunity to learn and grow with an $8 billion company, the third largest private one in Atlanta. We operate over 525 stores throughout 12 states in the Southeastern US and are growing rapidly every year. Don’t just take it from us - listen to a few of our former interns talk about their experiences here.
Our Store Support Center is located conveniently inside the Perimeter, at the intersection of 285 and 75, near Cumberland Mall. Need more information about us? Check out our LinkedIn group and ask questions on our message board!
We're hitting the career fair beat at a bunch of schools this fall and will be back there in spring 2013- if we're not visiting your school, that doesn't mean we don't want to see your resume!